Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving...







Today, as I prepare for another week of work - a week of school, of teaching, phone calls and emails - and as I reflect on the holiday season...

 I cannot help but feel supremely thankful. 

Thankful for friends (in Oregon, Boston, New Jersey, Kansas, and Rindge), for family (especially my siblings - you guys inspire me daily), for food (ahhhh....  cheesecake), for a job I love, a husband who is patient (and smokn' hot), a son (watching you learn to read has been the greatest thrill of my life), the smell of horses, my dog (truly my bff), the beach (nothing beats a beach walk in winter) and (of course) The New Yorker Magazine.  

I feel thankful and undeserving and wonderful and ... alive. 


"The Pilgrims made seven times more graves than huts.  No Americans have been more impoverished than these who, nevertheless, set aside a day of thanksgiving." 

~H.U. Westermayer


























0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Boro Creative Visions
CoffeeShop Designs