Saturday, January 21, 2012

Put your hands together for ... MARINA (BCVs 's newest LEAD SHOOTER!)








The first time I held a camera - I knew.

 I wanted to see everything through a lens.

 I wanted, more than anything, to capture love with just a click.

I'm not married.

I'm not an expert on love.

This means that during each wedding, I learn something new.

 I feel something new.

Each father/daughter dance causes me to tear up; each toast evokes a laugh; each time I hear those vows, I can't help but swoon.

 I have a new respect and awe for what love truly is.

I don't always feel as though I'm doing you a service. I feel as though I'm gaining something precious from you and your day. I'm gaining wisdom and hope.

Photography and weddings have taught me so much about life.

It has opened my heart to new ideas and feelings.

I don't know if it's my love of photography or photographing love - but I am different now.

I don't have a degree in photography... though I've had much training...

My education has come from my passion:

I've taken workshops with prestigious wedding photographers, photographed ALL of my friends - and their friends and friends-of-their-friends... :)

A lot of my education has also come from working as the senior editor at BCV.

I not only edit my own work and learn from my mistakes, but I've edited the work of 6 other photographers as well (and learned from their mistakes).

 Settings, lighting, composition...  

 I've been given the ability to find my own eye.

I've been tossed into a room and am forced to see...

To see, not what I've been taught to see, but to see what needs to be seen.




















0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Boro Creative Visions
CoffeeShop Designs